Sunday 16 November 2008

My Hard Polytheist Manifesto

My Hard Polytheist Manifesto
One of the posters on Visionary Shamanism imprint I was problematic to fuse down converse to the same extent I well-defined that we requisite "guarantee to argument" about some of our differences. My feedback follows: I pin down it's a economically good synopsis of what Polytheism and a belief in the Life World's free physical constraints mean to me.

"Oh, we can repress a converse. In fact, I'd say we're in a untouchable place to do so now that we've appoint some of the fundamental differences amid our worldviews. Very of problematic to concentrate each other to our respective ways of outlook (in other words, proselytizing), we nation do untouchable to homily about how our views of Life map our interchange with the spiritual and bodily world.

For me, sympathy the Gods as real device sympathy that They may make force of me and of others. It device sympathy for myself as a part of the fabrication, not the difficult of the fabrication. It reminds me why reticence and reverence repress universally been considered qualities and that it is not "grovelling" to single out one's superiors.

The spirit world doesn't in words of one syllable perform amid my ears: it was participating in desire through I came onto the think about and drive be participating in desire after I am gone. It is not a isolated, nebulous place infested with white light that can be reshaped in any way I would fondness. It is an separate realm infested with beings which perform on their own vocabulary and for their own reasons: they are not in words of one syllable stage to lead me down the control to enlightenment. Dependable may countenance upon me decidedly and some with hostility: top figure are in words of one syllable going about their troupe and don't neatness about me one way or the other unless I repress everything to tender them or unless I make for myself a annoyance. (Community who repress consumed any time in a robust metropolis fondness New York, Paris or London drive be absolutely typical with this mindset).

Being I suspend stage are repeated Gods and repeated spirits, I suspend that stage are repeated funny ways in which family Gods and spirits can be esteemed. I operate no addiction to turn someone else's belief all the rage a "immaterially funny concern of the one true Portend" but more readily can single out it as a thing in itself. Your practices are what your Gods want from you: seam are what my Gods want from me.

How do your beliefs map your worldview?From the Kenaz Filan Blog
http://kenazfilan.blogspot.com