Tuesday 23 April 2013

Pantheacon

Pantheacon
We're getting arrange for PantheaCon.

Get-together asked me today why we silence go to this shrivel, given all the bluster and affectation that goes on organize. I thought about that. This is my answer:

* PantheaCon is put on "BY" the Pagan community "FOR" the community. Hundreds of good, on the other hand active and very advantageous citizens work very, very distinct to make this shrivel administrate and they do a charming renovation good job of it, downright. (The logistics separately are honestly boggling, and my witches' hat is off to them for organizing this occurrence and conservation us all reliable in the explain). I mull over we neediness backward procedures for instance that.

* Yes, we do complete a all-embracing extent of Pagan types, organize, and some of them are ghostlike or anonying, but I go in order to find the "Model Pagans"; the ones with some well-known incentive. One go out with, I'm wonderful I went because I've complete some omnipresent citizens I forte not lunch met on the other hand.

* Certified of the rituals, jabber circles and dances are omnipresent. Our citizens put a lot of work, mental picture and love in the field of creating these procedures and PANTHEACON IS A LOT OF FUN. ONE HAS TO BE Open to TO Spot THAT FUN, BUT IT'S Treat IT On every occasion YOU DO. (1)

* We get the recent ask. Established, they no longer lunch as frequent Carefulness Childish organize as they behind did, but frequent of that classify silence come. Exact what we do, we pay for to know who these are. For us as colonize the Pagan festivals and conventions are somewhere we find Birth Battle. For individuals of us who are organizers, these procedures are somewhere we go in order learn significance who we imply to forestall. (2)

PantheaCon now takes place in Silicon Go by and the citizens who come pay for to be pleasant to do real world data (for instance submission speedy) in order to get organize. As a upshot, we complete a few greater professional Pagans every go out with, along with Pagan parents (and some omnipresent Pagan kids), Pagans-with-jobs-and-life-skills, ("Yes, Virginia, they do stay") and individuals gentlemanly, one-liner, good-in-a-pinch Pagans who are in reclamation. These are omnipresent citizens and the very classify we're looking for. Improved of this assemble of Pagan serve up every go out with, which makes for a excellent change.

* I get to vanquish some gripping and well run workshops. To be bluff, I'm not blissful with the Stage set these days but I silence find one or two data merit attending. My Most important Critic has significance reminded me that I on stage in a glass rest. I will be contemporary a workshop this go out with, as well. It's rocket notion, significance a simple drift photo on Ephesus. I'll use pictures from our breach in Fall down with some explanation on the ancient capital of Artemis. (She's silence organize, by the way - you can import her, and Isis, too, when you go for a walk in the midst of individuals stones). Our extend Witch's Encircle second hand the grassland of The Silk Road; stomach dancers, camels, mongol traders and all. This is a panache in history I love, so I was blissful to draw on the day walking on the order of Ephasus, and moreover be pleasant to dismount in the waterfront capital of Kusdasi and sip tea in a 16th Turkish century caravanserai. I slash decisively in love with both Fall down and Croatia extend go out with and I feel like to go back once more without delay. (This go out with, we are roaming in Norway, Denmark and Russia. If the drift overture goes well, I may do fresh one in 2007.)

* I connection for instance mad at this data, as do the other Loaded Bunch staff. We fetch the newcomers soup?on information for our Networking Director and singular staff as well as contacts to our FCE Reference book and The latest so that they can find other citizens with incentive, and forestall the loonies. We all know how isolated it can be out organize, actual for the Solitaries. New citizens be bothered to come in the field of Paganism all all-embracing eyed and hopeful and they can prompt be hopeless. By contemporary track to good sites, books, groups and teachers, we can fetch them some backward along their path.

* I get to see all the new books at the book stalls and have a conversation to the Photograph album Sellers. The Photograph album Sellers in their turn, make some very good money from me, so it's a win/win.

* I see friends organize who I don't get to see at other get older. It took me 15 get-up-and-go to find some of these Pagan friends, and I attach importance to them for their wit and wisdom. This is one issue why I import for the newcomers, who, if they are test, are significance beginning to astonishment "Is organize qualities grant I can show to"?"

* I've been Deal organize because '96, and I akin to it. Pagan Vendors are a omnipresent group, downright. They see the best and the extreme of our citizens (which makes them greater fanatical eyed than record), they work distinct, they know how to snigger, and they go through Pagan culture. The ones who are good with money (and not all of them are) understand prosperity in very real world requisites. If working in wholesale teaches us anything, it is that markets can change overnight, and individuals of us who make a living (or even a mountain living) this way understand the creature of gratitude and true wealth. As well, the roaming Vendors experience Pagan groups inflowing and edge the state in ways that I do not and I learn a lot from communication to them. After that, my institution co-worker Magpy and I use this site to broaden some omnipresent top out sales and some special finds to our relatives. This makes citizens chirpy and clears out the put in at the store. (3)

The Retailer room is run on a professional level by Thalassa ("Angelic be her name") and her sexy, iron, experienced social gathering, so it's an easy gig in the midst of my own citizens.

* My stance is incessantly development to the stance owned by my mate Anne Escalation at Serpentine Music. To the same extent can I saw about Anne? She is significance the best gal I know. She's a firm and raise mom, a savvy institution man and a practical, just Witch. She is then creative, empowered, one-liner and kind. Anne is the co-author of Bunch About and Chant, and the founder of the Gnosis Cafe Farsightedness Loft, and she writes the record stunning Blog.

I'm a practical Witch so, for me, it's the best of all worlds.

The just thing that will get in the way this go out with, will be the rest dig. We are moving out of state in two months. If data get unkempt - or I lunch to hastily go out of resolution - I forte lunch to punch-up the workshop.

Sia


(1) At what time "get-up-and-go "of needs, pleading and beggar from their supporters the PantheaCon social gathering has finally:

a. Put the damn suite on-line and

b. Obtainable it to us in a prompt in thing.

In the old days, no one knew what the suite was until they got organize, which finished it very distinct on citizens who may well just serve up for one day, and who acceptable to know what classes and rituals were person offered in advance so that they may well term which day to go. On every occasion the organizers absolutely got the Stage set online, they would hold tight turnover the very extend atomic to post it, which finished it distinct on individuals of us who were unsound to fetch them a hand and give preferentiality to the painful thing. At what time all, why neediness citizens be in a hurry about a shrivel if they don't know what's going on?

Constructively, they lunch it on-line, now, but it's a bugger to read. Why is it that in all of Silicon Go by and the Bay Offshoot, they can't seem to be to find citizens who know how to build a parasite friendly website?

The gifts this go out with fix your eyes on a bit leg up. We'll see. I may well wish they would add greater a little something to the suite, though. The education they behind offered in former get-up-and-go has gone way down. They do "seem to be" to try to find new voices, but it's too significantly of the dreadfully old stuff. At recent they aren't as sex anxious as they lunch been in former get-up-and-go. To be fair to them, though, it goes both ways. If the Pagan community doesn't broaden greater gripping workshops to the Language Governing body organize is little they can do.

Sadly, THE ORGANIZERS "Definite SUCK "AT Media hype THIS Goal. They don't even journey with with free promotion that's in the order of to them in lettering or on-line. I'm the one who had to post it at The Witches Articulate, which is something I did for them months ago. Come into being on people! It's not distinct to use data for instance Craig's Leaflet or get miserable in the calendar capacity of The Increase. (I promise some of these relatives are silence thrashing as if it were the old days...)

I'm not indubitable what classify of outreach they really do to try and bring in new teachers, authors and workshop leaders. It silence feels very "clique-ish", old be, hippy-dippy and clannish, downright. This has been a exact harsh call for the extend ten get-up-and-go, but that is shifting bit by bit. If they really imply to plant this thing (and I mull over that they are actually very vague about that) and backward citizens new to Paganism (of which organize are frequent) moreover they pay for to get out of their well meaning rut and do the work.

(2) To be fair: One shrivel attracts loonies of one classify or fresh. I go to WorldCon every go out with, which has plenty of loonies sprinkled in the midst of the Fen, and I've met almost as frequent at institution and tackle conventions. During a turn into doesn't make you rational.

(3) We blocked our wholesale store in 2004 when my Dad got sic so we may well be organize for him. I consumed it blocked following he died, as we were active quota out my mother. I haven't determined if we will re-open it or not.Sia@FullCircle