Tuesday 14 July 2009

I Am A Wandmaker And I Speci

I Am A Wandmaker And I Speci
I am a wandmaker, and I specialize in metal wands, but I do have some great wooden ones that I use, as well. Ebony would make a really nice wand, but it wouldn't be my "go to" wand for everyday occasions. I'd probably only bring it out for equinoxes and solstices, and then it would go right back into its protective case. I don't think there's any right answer to which type of material makes the best wand. I mean it would really depend on the situation. I wouldn't limit myself to using only wooden wands, either. If I were casting a particularly powerful spell, I would want something heavy, perhaps one made of M42, which is a molybdenum-chromium-vanadium-tungsten high speed steel alloy. I think it would be great to feel the weight of it in my hands, and it would also minimize kickback. But if I were casting spells all day long, I would probably use a titanium wand, which would be both durable and lightweight.

Hope this helps,

Ryan



Origin: lilith-dark-moon.blogspot.com