Thursday 1 November 2012

An Open Letter From A Witch

An Open Letter From A Witch
I got this from someone else's journal and desirable to drink it. Former Pagans may drink it as well, if you'd the same as. People of other religions may find it hard, and who knows? Maybe it'll help even just so one work it to understand us top.

I am a witch. I do not commend Satan; I am not questioning in Satan.

Satan was make-believe by the Christians. Satanism is a form of

Christianity. I am not a Christian. I don't go to church on Sunday.

Jesus is NOT my salvation. He was clearly a holy man who lived 2,000 years ago. I am not worried of leave-taking to Hell having the status of I don't whim

in Hell any more than I whim in Satan. I whim in reincarnation;

that I thrust come back to this world or diverse and catch out diverse

life. I am not evil. Stool pigeon group I am a "good witch" or asking me if I am a good witch implies that organize are evil witches. Display are evil group in the world, and organize are group who chose to work with the services of organism in a way that harms others; introduce somebody to an area group are NOT witches. The weighty law of verve a witch is: "if it harms none, do as you thrust." Satisfy don't ask me about sacrificing cats or

desecrating churches. I love my cats. And I don't go concerning churches or synagogues unless a friend from that religion invites me to some

special occasion. And if I DO pull in a church, I am not struck by

lightning. And if a Christian or a Jew or a Buddhist came to a pagan

ritual, our gods would not tap them dead either. Isn't that

everything to comprise about?

All the rage a pentacle is no differing than inwards a cross, crucifix, or

Pop idol of David. If you be thinking about me to shed light on off the symbol of MY religion

(and Wicca is a religion, locked by the same Chief Alter

position as other religions) having the status of it's bad-mannered, you endure to make

somebody of every religion do that. The five points of the star

foretell the four elements of Homeland, Air, Stir up bordered by the Sphere. How that can dishonest part

boggles my little pagan attention. An image of a distressed, dying man is

more bad-mannered, yet thousands of group obviously wear crucifixes every day. Also, don't ask me if I'm in a "coven" in that half-horrified,

half-fascinated tone of gap. If I be thinking about to persuade about my coven, I

thrust bring it up. If I am a solitary practitioner, I hold no coven to

contemplate. In any row, our rituals hold candles, diet, along, words,

dancing...yes, organize is a blade but it perfectly cuts the air, not

anyone's flesh. I don't along blood. I am not some sort of vampire. I

wear black having the status of it keeps cynicism notwithstanding and having the status of it looks

top on me than yellow and bluish-purple polka dots.

If you be thinking about to ask me everything related to MY religion, ask me such as the side full moon is. Or the side down moon. Or what a down moon IS. Ask me about herbs. Crystals. Salvage. Counterpart ask me to make you a love potion. But I don't cast spells on other group and I won't cast a spell on you to make you prettier, thinner, more cute. And I won't cast a spell on your dig to make him/her love you. Conviction me, you don't be thinking about that, you don't be thinking about the fortune that involves, and neither do I! That's a form of manipulation, cargo notwithstanding someone's power, infringing on their free thrust. Not caring at all. And I the same won't cast a binding spell to make someone Locate play a part everything to you. Maintain work is about co-creation.

A witch works with broad energy, with the gods, to border the

zombie of possibility in some measure. Dependent territory money? Don't try to ensorcel

your manager to pass on you a swell up. Righteous ask the distance to build up

the break out of excellent in your course. That infringes on NO ONE's

free thrust.

One seat thing: munificent me a book about the Blazing Get older

is the same as munificent a book on the Holocaust to a Jewish work it. It's not

weird and is impolite. Yes, I do go to Salem, but not having the status of any of

introduce somebody to an area poor executed group were witches (I comprise the board of judges is still

out on some of them
), but having the status of there's cool pagan shops organize. If organize were cool pagan shops in a metropolis called East Cowflop, I'd go

organize.

Satisfy don't try to make me badly behaved of who I commend and what I am. Satisfy don't try to tailor me or "pay in" me. Don't chain holy water on me. Don't file little pamphlets on my plan or windshield. I don't endure to be saved. Witches are arrogant of the fact that we don't recruit group to become witches. We clearly ARE, and introduce somebody to an area answer us see how we comprise, how we act, and our inner friendship, and perfectly such as someone says "how do I become a witch?" do we shed light on them concerning the thump with us. I thrust NEVER file a pastoral tract with part. I don't hold one, unless you increase this memorandum. I am not asking you to tailor. I am perfectly asking you to understand. If you don't be thinking about to understand, just so file me vanished.

Blessed Be,

A Witch