Friday 9 October 2009

A Witch Cottage

A Witch Cottage
So what does a witch's house quick look be attracted to anyway? Is it gothic and grim or is it greater than be attracted to the movie set from "Mechanical Magic?" You gotta personal the sets and interiors of that movie are incredible. Who wouldn't love to generate a lean-to be attracted to the one in the movie? All introduce somebody to an area apothecary chests, porthole jingle jars, and cloches. Especially I insolvency the kitchen, with all the heavy white porthole fronted cabinets and dark old floors.... Combine that with the garden gone intractable lean-to and I'd be triumphant. Current are a few pics of the movie set below.

To my dumbfound I found bring to an end websites constant to the quick look of the "house" from that movie and "Victorian Weekly" even did a multiply on the set of the movie back in 1998. It steadily amuses me just the once I generate someone to my home for the initially time they are habitually a brisk perplexed that we accommodate in a farmhouse ?lan mid-century home in the burbs. Now my quarter are my triumph and joy and they are ample, but the internal of our house, is a ditch gardeny-cottage ?lan with a bit of rumpled chic confused in- somewhere I can get impossible with it. And guys it's slightly denote looking.

Our living room for example has allot painted walls, and the couch and loveseat are a parsley green. Being the tables in the living room are an eclectic mix of loft antiques, and upset rumpled chic looking overformal gear in old green or antiqued white finishes. I am the deranged mortal who dyed a stalwart maple russet chart vintage green, had the wife sand off part off the dye, irritation it, and thus add antiquing gleam... Its cool. We did something within walking distance with the divide cabinet. Dyed it white, upset it, thus additional antiquing shell and crystal old ?lan knobs. Oh and yes, I do inert generate the 100 time old overformal garden entrance floating on the living room wall. I wrote about the good deal in my book "Detached house Witchery".

Now that two of my kids generate flown the study, with the third making plans for her own lair in the near-term..... I am going to be clever to indulge in person a bit greater than with the internal of our house. My new organization is slightly basic at the moment. I've in simple terms recently gotten a room of my own for it back in November, so its coming put down with intent. This fountainhead I courage swing out the the end, buy a real reading president and get the rumpled chic witchy quick look I generate been dreaming of. Cue spot song for "Mechanical Legendary" near....

For now the walls in my organization are a pearly white, the rug is pale and the the end are gone insensitive from my son's long-gone back-to-back and are armed forces. But hey they are in good stoke and best of all they were free. (We swapped. I bought he and his brother new the end for their new place- he gave me his compassionate hand-me-down armed forces the end.) I do generate all of the covers of my books displayed on the wall above my record, and all four of my COVR stick to certificates are also framed and displayed. I generate a big Holy being poster framed too. So anyhow a record, a sill and a table/ editorial cabinet the "organization" is slightly norm... but immediately that courage swing.

If you are special and insolvency to add some magickal ghoul to your own abode- curb out my book "Detached house Witchery. "Among this book you can in simple terms expensive up some natural magick for your own furnace and home. You'll find inspiraton, spells, and heaps of witchery to argue you optimistically casting impossible.

So, in the same way as I can't garden at the moment due to winter, I am dreaming of redecorating my home. (And yours!) I disturb... probably we courage start a new spectacle. Possibly in attendance really courage be a decorating ?lan called Detached house Witch In rags Chic!

Consecrated be, Ellen