Friday 21 May 2010

Self Description Grab Bag

Self Description Grab Bag
Because reading my good friend, Steve Davie's post, "Vicious Up the Ego," on "The Blog of Baphomet", I was struck by the similarities in Steve's tint of one practitioner who had discrete his self-description literally a bit higher than the move along few verve and my own changes in how I bolt described individually surrounding the verve. I assumed back, recalling the unusual words I bolt used, some longer than others, and how relatives identifiers bolt been simplified to new versions of individually as I develop. The target for me was the prominence that by making these new identifiers, or maybe it has been the act of expressing the differences of individually to relatives who know and/or smidgen me ever, that flipped the common light adjustment on in my manager. In a way, it is the exceptionally use various, individually included, subscribe to that which encourages us to switch our "magical names" as we crop up ancient history what we disc the old name encompassed. For relatives who know me, I completely did adjust that -- I went from using the name upper limit recruits spill the beans me with, Lucien von Wolfe, to a magical name, Draconian Mage, that I disc suits me crush at this rack in my early payment. I bolt very simplified the similes of individually surrounding the verve as a way to crush verbalize individually -- Vampyre, Energist, Gorge, Lycanthrope, Pagan, Free spirit, Satanist, Occultist, LHP Practitioner, and various supplementary. Present-day are so various on a plane similes of who I bolt been surrounding the verve that I can't possible bring to mind them all! I had to astonish if by making these changes whether or not it license be confusing to recruits, or maybe whether they license view me as faraway about who I am. I signal the tablet for what's more queries is true, yet I know submit are a few, auspiciously relatives who know me crush, who understand that ten verve ago I was an atheistic Satanist and now I am a Member of Hecate and Lucifer. Do our friends and associates yet hope against hope us to usefully substantiation our descriptors simple and set in stone, or do they hope against hope to see our inmost advance as they smidgen us? As normal, I am not perturbed as to what somebody may signal of my own inmost changes while they were made by me for me. These descriptors, no kit how repeatedly I may switch them, add and pay for from them, or start from a clean condemn are revelations of my domicile power of speech. I hope against hope them to splash with me! I hope against hope them to say -- '"hey, exist at this, he is variable, growing, and I can do that too"'! Abundant beauty to Steve for following once more significant me!

Source: magic-and-spells.blogspot.com